The objective of this workshop organized by the ECC-SMART project in collaboration with the EERA-Joint Programme on Nuclear Materials and the participation of the Generation IV International Forum (GIF), is to provide a platform for scientists and engineers working on various designs of fourth generation reactors to exchange their knowledge and ideas related to materials used in such reactors. The workshop will provide a unique opportunity to discuss the latest developments, challenges, and solutions related to materials with superior properties that can withstand the extreme conditions of Generation IV reactors, such as high temperature, pressure, radiation, and corrosion processes.
The workshop is also open to young researchers and engineers who want to expand their knowledge and gain exposure to the latest developments in the field. It will serve as an excellent platform for networking, collaboration, and learning from experts in the field. By participating in this workshop, attendees will have the opportunity to gain new perspectives, learn about cutting-edge research, and contribute to the advancement of materials for fourth-generation reactors.
The workshop will be held from 27th to 29th November, 2023 in Madrid. Within the official program, the following topics will be discussed:
- State of the art of structural and cladding materials for GenIV reactors including SMR.
- Influence of environment, coolant and radiation, on structural and cladding materials for SCW SMR.
- Physical modelling and advanced microstructure examination.
- Advanced testing methods and non-destructive examination.
- Development of advanced materials solutions and fabrication process.
- And others.
Registration is open until 27th October, 2023.