Full name: Building an attractive European R&I ecosystem on batteries
Call: ENER-2018-453-A7 (tender)
Funding period: 2019-2022
EC contribution: € 1m
Batteries Europe is the forum bringing together all relevant stakeholders in the European batteries research and innovation ecosystem in order to develop and support a competitive battery value chain in Europe.
Batteries Europe will create a bridge between the different actions related to the battery industry, especially in relation to research and innovation (R&I), and ensure that the relevant stakeholders have the possibility to discuss, and agree upon common R&I priorities.
Batteries Europe will attract public and private partners involved in battery R&I, coordinate their efforts, and mobilise resources so to implement R&I activities in the battery field.
In line with the European Commission’s priority to accelerate the establishment of a competitive European battery industry, the forum will also empower the Implementation Plan of the SET-Plan Action 7 and act as coordinator of several initiatives already in place, such as: European Battery Alliance, ETIP SNET, EIT Raw Materials, EARPA (European Automotive Research Partners Association), ALISTORE, BATSTORM, and NAMEC.
The forum is financed by the European Commission and gathers a wide range of European and international partners, which will allow for the full involvement of the batteries community in Europe and beyond.
The coordinator is InnoEnergy.
Besides EERA, the other partners are:
- EASE, the European Association for the Storage of Energy;
- ZABALA, expert in energy-related platforms as well as project dissemination and communication;
- Clerens Consulting, expert in energy related topics as well as communication and dissemination
The platform is supported by:
- EMIRI, The Energy Materials Industrial Research Initiative;
- EUROBAT, Association of European Automotive and Industrial Battery Manufacturers;
- RECHARGE, The Advanced Rechargeable and Lithium Batteries Association;
- EGVIA, The European Green Vehicles Initiative Association;
- EBRA, The European Battery Recycling Association.
Contact at EERA:
Phone: +32 2 568 01 01