What is EERA?
EERA is the largest energy research community in Europe
The European Energy Research Alliance (EERA) is an association of European public research centres and universities active in low-carbon energy research. Bringing together more than 250 organisations and around 50,000 researchers from 30 countries, EERA represents Europe’s largest energy research community.
EERA’s official mission is to catalyze European energy research for achieving the Paris Agreement target:
- Help streamline regional, national and European research efforts
- Deliver research results from basic research to the demonstration phase (TRLs 2 to 5) and ensure efficient transfer to industry and market
EERA is the research pillar in the European Union’s Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET-Plan), which aims to accelerate the development and deployment of low-carbon technologies.
EERA’s core: its Joint Programmes
- Develop research activities along shared research agendas
- Cover the whole range of low-carbon energy technologies
- Integrate the social and economic aspects of the energy transition
- Address the systemic nature of the transition to a zero-carbon society