Joint Programme on Concentrated Solar Power (CSP)
15 full participants
6 associated participants (thereof 1 industry partners)
Steering Committee Members:
The JP was formally launched in November 2011; nevertheless, main participants held beforehand a series of preparatory meeting aiming at shaping the content of the JP research programme.
The overall objective of this JP is to integrate and coordinate the scientific collaboration among the leading European research institutions in CSP in order to contribute to the achievement of the targets set by the ‘Solar Thermal Electricity-European Industrial Initiative (STE-EII):
1. Reduction of generation, operation and maintenance costs
2. Improvement of operational flexibility and energy ‘dispatchability’
3. Improvement in the environmental and water-use footprint
4. Advanced concepts and designs
The JP programme has been awarded an EC grant (FP7) for running an Integrated Research Programme on CSP technologies.
- Concentrated Solar Power plus Desalination
- Thermal Energy Storage for CSP plants
- Accelerated Aging of Materials
- Solar Thermochemical Production of Fuels
For more details download here