The overarching goals of the INTENSYS4EU project are two-fold:
- To support the further integration of innovative solutions in view of hosting 45% of variable renewables by 2030 while operating the energy system in a safe, stable and secure way;
- To extend the existing research and innovation roadmaps through permanent and direct interactions with the impacted energy system stakeholders and all the Member States in view of validating the portfolio of innovative solutions via appropriate funding mechanisms.
These overarching goals have been split into seven focused objectives which follow the key energy stakeholders’ coordination strategy and the Research and Innovation (R&I) roadmap construction process over the four year period:
- Coordinate the stakeholders’ views to address the integrated energy challenges defined in the SET-Plan through a new European Technology and Innovation Platform, – ETIP SNET;
- Monitor activities to set the state of the art;
- Prioritise the R&I topics to go beyond the state of the art;
- Share existing and new knowledge to disseminate state-of-the-art knowledge;
- Detect policy barriers which have to be removed in order to increase deployment opportunities;
- Deliver the R&I roadmap and implementation plans within a coherent time frame and according to the above-mentioned transparent prioritisation criteria;
- Disseminate the R&I roadmap components for an appropriation by all Member States and across the SET-Plan stakeholders;
- Coordinate a restricted set of key experts and stakeholders involved in the drafting and consultation processes covering the steps above.