Job vacancy at EERA: Office Manager
EERA is looking for an Office Manager to support the administration of the EERA Secretariat. She/he will assist the EERA Secretary General and will be responsible for the administration of the office.
- Support the Secretary General in the organisation of his activities (management of agendas, travels and other arrangements);
- Facilitate the functioning of the Association in relation to internal and external stakeholders;
- Maintain internal communication within the EERA members;
- Manage the relationship with member organisations including membership database, fee invoicing generation, collection and follow-up;
- Oversee general office operation;
- Handle office logistics and manage service suppliers (renting, cleaning, catering, procurements, etc.) and maintain proper stock levels;
- Coordinate appointments, travel arrangements, online and on-site meetings and manage staff calendars and schedules as well as EERA meeting room rental to externals;
- Welcome and direct visitors and promote good public relations;
- Event management;
- Payment of invoices, staff payrolls, per diem and refunds, liaison with accountant;
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Hold a University degree;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience related to office management, preferably in an international / multi-cultural environment;
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the EU;
- Good command of English and French, both oral and written; knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Proficient computer skills, especially handling of MS-Office, web-applications, accountancy notions;
- Basic understanding of European Institutions is an asset;
- Empathy and willingness to work in a highly interactive and international team;
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines;
- Very organised with strong attention to detail;
- Tactful, diplomatic and non-judgmental, able to relate to people in all situations;
- Highly flexible, multi-task and quick learner;
- Sense of humour
Terms of the contract
- The opening is for a full-time position (38 hours/week);
- Starting date as soon as possible;
- Work Location is 72, rue de Namur, 1000 Brussels.
- Please send your cv and motivation letter (in pdf format) to Ms. Elena Dufour (firstname.lastname@example.org), mentioning “[Applicant Name] – Application EERA Office Manager” by 14 February 2019.
- The motivation letter (1 page maximum) should highlight your reasons for applying and your credentials for the position.
- The selection of the candidate will be based upon the merit principle.