EERA JP Wind in the 2019 WindEurope Conference & Exhibition in Bilbao, Spain
On 2-4 April, 300 exhibitors from 50 countries joined a line-up of speakers, including ministers from 5 countries, at the 2019 WindEurope Conference & Exhibition in Bilbao, Spain.
The event was entitled “Delivering a clean economy for all Europeans” and focused on people:
- The people who work in the wind industry: are there enough of them, are the right skills out there, how can we best support what we hope will be a growing workforce?
- The citizens of Europe and wind energy: how to maintain their continued support for the expansion of wind energy; how wind energy benefits local communities; how wind energy will reduce consumer bills; and
- How wind energy can help deliver a just energy transition for all regions of Europe, including regions dependent on energy-intensive industries
The EERA Joint Programme on Wind Energy contributed to shaping the vision for the future of wind energy. As a research alliance, JP Wind focuses on offshore wind energy R&I priorities. The prospective of the industry is vital, in order to better merge the efforts to reach common sustainable goals.
Adjacent to WindEurope 2019, EERA JP Wind organised:
- The EERA JP Wind Steering Committee meeting
- The Semi-annual SP7 workshop on Structures, materials and components
- The kickoff meeting of SETWind – a project funded by the European Union