BERA (BE), CENER (ES), CIEMAT (ES), CNR (IT), CRES(GR), CTC (ES), DHI (DK), DLR (DE), DTU Wind Energy (DK), ECN (NL), FhG IWES (DE), Forwind/Univ. of OldenburG (DE), Forwind/Univ. of Bremen (DE), Forwind/Univ. of Hannover (DE), IEn (PL), IFE (NO), IREC (ES), LNEG/INETI (PT), NAREC UK, NTNU (NO), MARINTEK (NO), SINTEF (NO), SINTEF MC (NO), Technical University of Delft (NL), Tubitak (TR), University College of Dublin (IR), Univ. of Aalborg (DK), University of Porto (PT), Univ. of Strathclyde (UK), VTT (FIN), WMC (NL), CIRCE (ES), CMR (NO), IK4 (ES), RSE (IT), RWTH University Aachen,TECNALIA (ES), TUM München; University of Athens (GR), University of Bergen (No), Univ. of Stuttgart (DE), Politecnico di Milano (IT), Middle East Technical University – Center for Wind Energy (TR)
Participant/Associates in progress
The mission for EERA JP Wind is to provide strategic leadership for medium to long-term research and to support the European wind energy industry and societal stakeholders. The joint programme brings together all public research organisations in Europe with substantial research and innovation efforts in wind energy.
EERA JP WIND aims to provide the following benefit to its members:
- Support R&D managers in institutions with significant wind energy R&D in shaping their research strategies according to European and national priorities and build the network to execute it.
In EERA JP WIND we work together, to develop and understand the key research priorities for the European wind energy sector and implement it through joint projects or in national research programmes.
- Influence EU strategic research priorities
EERA JP WIND aims to be the most important platform to engage in EU Strategic research priority setting. This will happen directly via EERA JP WIND as well as in collaboration with national partners and the European Technology and Innovation Platform for Wind Energy (ETIPWIND).
- Access a unique pool of knowledge, data and research facilities
The members of EERA JP WIND are the main organisations for public wind energy R&D in Europe. That creates not only a unique knowledge pool; it should also develop into a unique platform for sharing and accessing data and research facilities.
- Being part of globally leading network of wind energy researchers
EERA JP WIND should provide its members with a potential global outreach to collaborative partners around the world.
For Europe, EERA JP WIND aims to be:
- a one-stop shop for public wind energy R&D
- a platform for coordination of research facilities, data and human resources
- a driving force in maintaining Europe’s role as home to the world’s largest and most advanced wind turbine manufacturers and sub-suppliers
EERA JP WIND is organised in seven sub-programme:
- SP1 Wind Conditions. Coordinated by Hans Ejsing Jørgensen, DTU Wind Energy (DK)
- SP2 Aerodynamics. Coordinated by Peter Eecen, ECN (NL)
- SP3 Structures and materials. Coordinated by Arno van Wingerde, FhG IWES (DE)
- SP4 Offshore Wind Energy. Coordinated by John O. Tande, SINTEF (NO)
- SP5 Grid Integration. Coordinated by Kurt Rohrig, FhG IWES (DE)
- SP6 Research Facilities. Coordinated by Antonio Ugarte, CENER (ES)
- SP7 Wind integration – economic and social aspects. Coordinated by Poul Erik Morthorst, DTU Management Engineering (DK)
In 2017, the Joint Programme is running a pilot initiative on Cold Climate Research. The pilot initiative is coordinated by Ville Lehtomäki, VTT (FI).
The EERA IRPWind
In 2014 the EERA JP Wind added the Integrated Research Programme for Wind (IRPWIND) to its project portfolio. Funded by the European Commission under FP7, IRPWIND is designed to take the work done in the EERA JP Wind to the next level towards creating a European Integrated Research Programme on wind energy. IRPWIND is one of 5 Integrated Research Programmes run by EERA Joint Programmes. To learn more about IRPWind visit www.irpwind.eu