Concentrated Solar Power (CSP)
16 full participants
11 associated participants
Steering Committee Members
CIEMAT (ES), CEA (FR), CENER (ES) , CNRS (FR), CNR (IT), CRS4 (IT), CTAER (ES), CYI (CY), DLR (DE), ENEA (IT), FBK (IT) , FhG-ISE (DE), IMDEA Energy (ES),IK4-TEKNIKER (ES), LNEG (PT), PSI (CH), Tecnalia (ES)
The JP was formally launched in November 2011; nevertheless, main participants held beforehand a series of preparatory meeting aiming at shaping the content of the JP research programme.
The overall objective of this JP is to integrate and coordinate the scientific collaboration among the leading European research institutions in CSP in order to contribute to the achievement of the targets set by the ‘Solar Thermal Electricity-European Industrial Initiative (STE-EII):
1. Reduction of generation, operation and maintenance costs
2. Improvement of operational flexibility and energy ‘dispatchability’
3. Improvement in the environmental and water-use footprint
4. Advanced concepts and designs
The JP programme has been awarded an EC grant (FP7) for running an Integrated Research Programme on CSP technologies.
- SP1 Line Focusing Systems – Walter Gaggioli, ENEA (IT);
- SP2 Point Focusing Systems – Peter Heller, DLR (DE);
- SP3 Thermal Energy Storage – Anton Meier, PSI (CH);
- SP4 Materials for Components and Receivers – Loreto Valenzuela, CIEMAT (ES);
- SP5 Solar Driven Thermochemical Processes – Marcelino Sánchez, CENER (ES);
- SP6 Solar Heat for Industrial Processes – Pedro Horta, FISE (DE).
Banner image: PSA, Ciemat