EERA is recruiting an Intern (March 2018)
EERA – European Energy Research Alliance
Brussels – Belgium
Description of the Mission
The European Energy Research Alliance (EERA) AISBL represents the largest low carbon energy research community in Europe and worldwide. Bringing together more than 250 organizations from 30 countries to develop shared priority setting and research projects, EERA has become the key actor for coordinating public financed European Energy R&D and works in close cooperation with the European Commission.
EERA currently runs 17 Joint Programmes covering research in materials, technologies and systems including policy and social aspects, aligned with the priorities for low carbon technologies defined in the EU SET-Plan.
EERA is looking for an intern to support the activities of EERA office located in Brussels EU district. She/he will be integrated in the secretariat, composed of 4 permanent staff and 8 par time staff delegated from member organisations.
- Support to the Secretary General
- Policy monitoring
- Research and preparation of background notes, briefings and reports
- General organizational and administrative support including:
- Organization of internal meetings, videoconferences, seminars, workshops and political events.
- Membership Administration: manage the relationship with member organisations including membership database and membership fee invoicing and collection
- Internal communication within the EERA community.
- Producing and disseminating minutes of meetings
- External communication: update of the website and social media, design of a newsletter
- Support to the Project Manager
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of French highly appreciated; knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Quick learner.
- Proficient computer skills, especially in handling MS-Office, web-applications and social media;
- Basic understanding European Institutions is an asset.
- On-going studies (Master Degree level) with a focus on political/European studies and/or science and/or engineering
- Empathy and willingness to work in a highly interactive team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Tactful, diplomatic and non-judgmental, able to relate to people in all situations.
- Sense of humor.
- Highly Flexible.
- Appetite for international/multi-cultural environments.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the EU.
This offer is for students and the internship will be done in the framework of the curriculum. An agreement must be signed between EERA aisbl, the student and the sending university. The working contract shall be made under Belgian law. This is a paid internship, according to market practice.
Terms of the contract
- Starting date is March 2018 for a duration of 4 to 6 months
- Work Location is 72, rue de Namur, 1000 Brussels
- This is a paid internship, according to market practice.
Please send your CV and motivation letter (in pdf format) to Ms. Roberta Giaimo firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “Application EERA Intern” by Wednesday 14 February, 18h00. The motivation letter (1 page maximum) should highlight your reasons for applying and your credentials for the position. The selection of the candidate will be based upon the merit principle.