EERA is recruiting a Communication Manager
EERA – European Energy Research Alliance
Brussels – Belgium
Description of the Mission
The European Energy Research Alliance (EERA) AISBL represents the largest low carbon energy research community in Europe and worldwide. Bringing together more than 250 organizations from 30 countries to develop shared priority setting and research projects, EERA has become the key actor for coordinating public financed European Energy R&D and works in close cooperation with the European Commission.
EERA currently runs 16 Joint Programmes covering research in materials, technologies and systems including policy and social aspects, aligned with the priorities for low carbon technologies defined in the EU SET-Plan.
EERA is looking for a Communication Manager to support the related activities of EERA office located in Brussels EU district. She/he will be integrated in the secretariat, composed of 5 permanent staff and 6 staff delegated from member organisations.
- Carry out the development and implementation of EERA’s communication, dissemination and social media strategies, supported by effective communications plans, tools and actions both for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the consistent implementation of EERA branding;
- Implement event communication campaigns and standardize communication processes around EERA events;
- Support the creation, edition and management of EERA’s communication tools, including but not limited to EERA website content, newsletter, social media, publications;
- Contribute to written and multimedia content creation in digital channels;
- Act as reference person for communications activities within the EERA community, informing and involving other EERA member organizations as needed;
- Provide communication assistance and guidance to the EERA Joint Programmes;
- Support the communication work packages of EU funded projects;
- Maintain the organization’s database of media contacts and identifying gaps in the organization’s stakeholders contacts;
- Identify opportunities for press coverage around events and specific publications.
- Support the Secretary General in the management of the organisation.
- Master’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Understand audiovisual aspects of event and media production: operational knowledge of web content management systems and related Internet tools, and/or elements of design, video editing tools and basic knowledge of publishing software are all assets;
- Proficient computer skills: excellent practice of MS-Office, social media, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of French highly appreciated; knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Knowledge of European media landscape and established network amongst Brussels-based media is an asset;
- Ability to synthesize and translate complex issues into clear and concise messages on a range of renewable energy issues;
- Strong proof reading and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Attention to detail and ability for multi-tasking;
- Flexible and able to work under strict deadlines with the ability to set priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a highly interactive team;
- Tactful, diplomatic and non-judgmental, able to relate to people in all situations;
- Appetite for international/multi-cultural environments;
- Sense of humor is an asset
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the EU.
Terms of the contract
- Starting date is as soon as possible
- Unlimited contract duration (Contrat à durée indéterminée) under Belgian law
- Work Location is 72, rue de Namur, 1000 Brussels
Please send your CV and motivation letter (in pdf format) to Ms. Roberta Giaimo email@example.com, mentioning “Application EERA Communication Manager” by 8 April 2018, 22h00.
The motivation letter (1-page maximum) should highlight your reasons for applying and your credentials for the position. The selection of the candidate will be based upon the merit principle.