BERA (BE), CENER(ES), CIEMAT (ES) , CNR (IT), CRES(GR), CTC (ES), DHI (DK), DLR (DE), DTU Wind Energy (DK), ECN (NL), FhG IWES (DE), Forwind/Univ. of OldenburG (DE) , Forwind/Univ. of Bremen (DE), Forwind/Univ. of Hannover (DE) , IEn (PL), IFE (NO), IREC (ES), LNEG/INETI (PT), NAREC (UK); NTNU (NO), MARINTEK (NO), SINTEF (NO), SINTEF MC (NO), Technical University of Delft (NL), Tubitak (TR), University College of Dublin (IR), Univ. of Aalborg (DK), University of Porto (PT), Univ. of Strathclyde (UK), VTT (FIN), WMC (NL); CIRCE – Centro de Investigación de Recursos y Consumos Energéticos (ES), CMR (NO), IK4 (ES), RWTH University Aachen; TECNALIA (ES), TUM München; University of Athens (GR), University of Bergen (No), Univ. of Stuttgart (DE), Politecnico di Milano (IT), Middle East Technical University – Center for Wind Energy (TR)
Participant/Associates in progress
The EERA JP Wind Energy was officially launched at the SET-Plan conference in Madrid in June 2010. JP Wind’s Strategic Action Plan outlines the plans to progress this work for the period 2014-2017. It is complemented by the JP Wind Strategy for 2014-2030 which outlines the proposed research agenda towards 2030.
The mission for EERA JP Wind is to provide strategic leadership for the technical medium to long term research and to support the European Wind Initiative and the Technology Roadmap activities on wind energy.
The vision of the EERA JP Wind is to move from a voluntary network towards a “virtual research centre” running an Integrated Research Programme. The is expected to result in a more strategic approach to knowledge sharing and integration. The key aims are to:
- Foster better integration of European research activities in specific technology domains with the aim to accelerate the transition towards a low-carbon economy and maintain and increase European competitiveness.
- Benefit existing priority settings as well as improve the quality and implementation of future priority settings through the coordinating effect on the research communities.
- Integrate the various capacities and resources in the joint research activities described in the IRPWIND with ongoing European and national projects carried out by IRP partners and/or other EERA JP members.
Joint Programme and Sub-programmes
- Wind Conditions. Coordinated by Dr. Hans Ejsing Jørgensen, DTU Wind Energy (DK)
- Aerodynamics. Coordinated by Dr. Peter Eecen, ECN (NL)
- Structures and materials. Coordinated by Dr. Arno van Wingerde, FhG IWES (DE)
- Offshore Wind Energy. Coordinated by Dr. John O. Tande, SINTEF (NO)
- Grid Integration. Coordinated by Dr. Kurt Rohrig, FhG IWES (DE)
- Research Facilities. Coordinated by Dr. Felix Avia, CENER (ES)
- Wind integration – economic and social aspects. Coordinated by Prof. Poul Erik Morthorst, DTU Management Engineering
The EERA IRPWind
In 2014 the EERA JP Wind added the Integrated Research Programme for Wind (IRPWIND) to its project portfolio. Funded by the European Commission under FP7, IRPWIND is designed to take the work done in the EERA JP Wind to the next level towards creating a European Integrated Research Programme on wind energy. IRPWIND is one of 5 Integrated Research Programmes run by EERA Joint Programmes. To learn more about IRPWind visit www.irpwind.eu